Search the Library Catalog to see if Blount County Public Library owns the material you need. If the library owns the item and it is checked out, you may place a reserve online through your account. Visit our How to place a Reserve page.
If you are unable to find what you need, there are three ways to access the Interlibrary Loan Form.
1. You may submit a request using this online fillable Interlibrary Loan Form.
2. You may download, print and turn in a paper copy to the Circulation Check-Out Desk in Patron Services.
3. Paper request forms are located at Adult Services in the Reference Area and at the Circulation Check-Out Desk in Patron Services.
Should you need additional help, a Reference Librarian can assist you.
Items can be requested in-person at the Self-Checkout Desk, by phone at 865-982-0981, or with our online ILL Request Form.
- Only 1 title per form.
- Only 3 ILL requests may be active at a time.
- New materials (less than 6 months old) cannot be ordered through ILL.
- Materials already owned by BCPL cannot be ordered through ILL, but can be requested through our online catalog.
Status or Cancellation Requests
- Items may take 2-6 weeks to arrive.
- You will be notified by phone or email when it is available to pick up.
- To cancel or check the status of a request, please call or send a message. Please be ready to provide your name, library card number, and the title of your requested item.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the BCPL ILL service?
If you have a valid BCPL library card, you are entitled to use the ILL service.
How much does it cost?
ILL is a free service. Sometimes there is a fee for borrowing materials, but we never agree to a fee without first finding out if the patron is willing to pay it.
How many items can I borrow through ILL?
Only 3 ILL requests may be active at a time.
Are there materials which cannot be borrowed?
Not all items are available through ILL. These items include:
- Items published within the last 6 months (excluding magazines or newspaper articles)
- Some Genealogy materials or Reference materials
How long does it take to get an item via ILL?
The length of time varies greatly from several days to over a month.
How can I find out if my Interlibrary Loan Request is here?
We will notify you by phone or email if your request has arrived.
What happens to ILLs that I don’t pick up?
If we borrow an item from another library but you do not pick it up, it will be returned to the lending library on the date due.
Can ILL materials be renewed?
Sometimes they can, but not in every case. It depends on the policy of the library which loaned us the item. Please call us at least 4 days before the due date to request a renewal.
When is my ILL due?
Please return by due date on slip cover. If you do not return an ILL item, you will be responsible for any cost incurred.
Where do I return my ILL materials?
ILL materials should be returned to the BCPL – with ILL slip cover still attached. This helps us speedily return the item to the owning library. Returning materials on time helps us maintain cordial relations with the other libraries in the ILL system.
**During this time, please return ILL items through the book drop.