Tom Hatcher began his public service career in 1982 with the Blount County Sheriff's Office where he was employed for 10 years. He worked as a patrolman, a criminal investigator and as director of the Fifth Judicial District Drug Task Force. He was elected Circuit Court Clerk for Blount County, Tennessee in 1994. In 2000, he received his Certified Public Administrator Degree from The University of Tennessee. In 2004, he received his Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice from Roane State Community College.
- Initiated a computer system that makes the office fully automated and provides a computer in the office for public access.
- Court system available to law enforcement agencies, attorneys, District Attorney General's Office, and collection agencies.
- Placed clerks in all courtrooms to assist Judges, Attorney General's Office and defense attorneys.
- Created a cost collection department to collect court costs, fines and restitution owed.
- Installed a pneumatic tube system that connects to the civil process division and the master control area of the jail.
- Installed a video arraignment system to allow those arrested to be arraigned without the judges or magistrates entering the secure area of the jail.
- Created the Traffic Division of General Sessions Court which has made a dramatic increase in fine revenues for Blount County.
- Website for the public to learn more about the office and the Judicial System.
- We accept debit cards, Visa, American Express, Discover and MasterCard payments in person, through BIS, a third party administrator, with no cost to our office or Blount County. Additionally, all major credit cards are accepted on line via the Web at courtfeepay.com. For your convenience, if you do not have Internet access, you may phone in your payment for processing using a major credit card during normal office hours.
- Addition of payment kiosks have made it easier for the public to pay court costs when it is convenient for their schedules.
- No audit findings, weaknesses or recommendations for the fiscal year end June 30, 2016.
Past & Present
- Alzheimer's Tennessee, Inc.
- American Heart Association
- Blount County Boys & Girl's Club
- Boy Scouts of America
- Chamber of Commerce
- Eagleton Little League
- F.O.P. Youth Camp
- Leadership Blount
- Small Breed Rescue of East TN
- March of Dimes
- Maryville - Alcoa Civitan
- Sheriff's Citizen Academy
- Special Olympics
- St. Jude Children's Hospital
- TSSAA Football Official
- United Way of Blount County
- Dog Wood Arts
Service & Awards
- American Red Cross Local Hero Award, 2013
- Blount County Commissioner (elected), 1989-1994
- Blount Partnership Best of Blount Philanthropist of the Year Award, 2015
- County Officials Association of TN President (COAT), 2015-2016
- East Tennessee State Court Clerk of the Year, 2000
- Elected County Official of the Year, 2014
- Outstanding State Court Clerk of the Year, 2002 (PDF)
- Outstanding State Court Clerk of the Year, 2005 (PDF)
- President, East Tennessee State Court Clerks Association, 1999-2000
- President, Tennessee State Court Clerks Association for, 2000-2001
- Tennessee Judicial Council (appointed), 2001 - 2006
- Tennessee Legislative Committee Chair, 2000-2015
- United Way Volunteer of the Year, 2013
- UT Institute of Public Service, 1999