Clerk & Master's Office
The Blount County Clerk and Master is custodian of court records for three courts: Chancery Court, Equity Division of Circuit Court and Domestic Relations Division and the Probate Division of General Sessions Court.
This involves the filing and maintenance of various types of lawsuits, i.e., divorce, land disputes, workers' compensation, conservatorships, adoptions/name changes, contract/debt disputes and the administration of probate estates.
The maintenance of the Chancery Court docket, including the setting of motions, pretrial matters and docket sounding is the responsibility of the Clerk and Master.
Delinquent Tax Suits
In addition, the Blount County Clerk and Master's office is also responsible for the filing of delinquent tax suits filed by Blount County, the City of Maryville and the City of Alcoa. This involves the collection of the delinquent taxes and if necessary, the auction of property as a result of nonpayment.
Master in Chancery
As Master in Chancery, the Clerk and Master hears evidence and issues reports upon orders of reference from the Courts. As Special Commissioner, the Clerk and Master conducts judicial sales of real estate upon orders of the Courts. Acts performed by the Clerk and Master as Master in Chancery and as Special Commissioner must be confirmed by the appropriate Court.
In all lawsuits, the Clerk and Master is responsible for the billing and collection of state and county litigation taxes as well as court costs. This court clerk's office reports to the state with regard to the collection of litigation taxes and the filing/type of each lawsuit.
The Clerk and Master's office strives to efficiently and courteously assist the public, attorneys, and judges in obtaining access to court records.
Tax Sale Information
- Blount County Updated Covid Procedure 2/9/2022
- Blount County Covid-19 Order 10-12-2021_0001
- Blount County Covid-19 Order 9/16/2021
- Blount County Covid-19 Order Nov 24 2020
- Blount County Covid-19 Order 4-1-2020
- Blount County Covid-19 Order 3-30-20
- Blount County Covid-19 Order 3-16-20
- Supreme Court-Covid-19-Order-extending-state-of-emergency
- Supreme Court of Tennessee COVID-19 Order 4/24/2020
- Amended Order Suspending In-Person Court Proceedings
- COVID-19 Order - 1-15-2021
- Supreme Court Covid-19 Order 2-12-2021
- Supreme Court Covid-19 Order 5-14-2021
- Supreme Court Covid-19 Order 8/26/21