The Blount County Animal Shelter animals need attention every day regardless of whether the complex is open or not. This means that the Blount County Animal Center complex is open to volunteers every day. Volunteers are needed to:
- Walk and exercise dogs; play with puppies and kittens.
- Bathe animals, trim toenails, clean ears, give meds.
- Clean kennels and cages; help maintain facility sanitation.
- Answer phones; take messages for Animal Control, resolve public animal issues.
- Help with: Adoptions, Intake, Vetting, Laundry, Surgery, Events, Transports, etc.
- Help maintain pet photos and pet information.
Volunteers will be required to:
- Attend a general orientation and any scheduled training.
- Volunteer 2 hours a week.
To apply to be a volunteer at the Blount County Animal Center complex, print out the above Volunteer Application (3 pages), complete it, and bring it to your volunteer orientation class. You may call the Animal Center at 980-6244 to find out when the next orientation class is scheduled.
On your first shift at the shelter, your life begins.