Military & Overseas Voting

The first day to request an absentee for UOCAVA voters for the 2018 election cycle is January 1, 2018.

How do I request an absentee ballot if I am in the military or overseas?

Military personnel, their family members and overseas voters (UOCAVA voters) may request an absentee ballot by completing a Federal Post Card application, also known as a "Form 76. Once the application is complete, the form may be mailed, faxed or emailed as an attached document, which includes a scanned signature to our office. 

When completing the form, Tennessee requires the voter's full social security number in Block 4. You may receive your absentee ballot via email or mail depending on your selection in Block 6. Block 7 requires your Tennessee residential address. Block 8 requires your current mailing address and must be completed even if your ballot is being emailed to you.

The Blount County Election Commission must receive the voted ballot by mail no later than the close of polls on Election Day. 

For additional information on military and overseas voting (i.e. Am I eligible to vote in Tennessee? When may I send my request? etc.), click here. To access the Federal Voting Assistance Program website, click here